If you gambled to the point of getting into a lot of debt, it might be time to get professional help from a trusted charity like Citizens Advice. The ordeal you are facing right now may be difficult and intractable but with proper guidance and professional support you may find it very easy to solve. Citizens Advice works on just about everything to give people the knowledge and confidence they need to solve the problem they have and prevent it in the future.
What Are the Objectives of Citizens Advice?
This charity seeks to provide free advice to the millions of people in the UK who have accumulated debt and have no way of paying it off. The Citizens Advice charities network offers confidential advice online, over the phone and face-to-face for free.
How does Citizens Advice Achieve Its Objectives?
Citizens Advice works on 5 main axes, namely:
- Negotiating with creditors to have debts forgiven after proving that the person was addicted to gambling;
- Extending debt repayment deadlines;
- Develop a plan to pay off short-term debts with other long-term debts;
- Reducing personal expenses to pay off debts faster;
- Identifying the reasons that led to this situation and addressing them so that the crisis does not recur again;
Is Citizens Advice really working?
Over the past years, my Citizens Advice badge has helped millions of people overcome their debt distress. If we just look at the results for 2021-22 we will draw the following conclusions:
- 40.6 million visits to the website
- Helped 183,000 people face to face (although many services were provided remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic).
- More than 1.96 people use telephone support
- More than 800,000 assistance operations have been completed via e-mail or contact form
In total, this year Citizens Advice provided support and assistance to more than 2.55 million people and helped them find a way to move on with their lives. Moreover, the site had more than 58 million visits in the same year.
Last year, the charity helped solve the problems of 75% of people who sought direct advice. Moreover, 87% of customers refer to them as a friend. This review prepared by gamblingpro.pro.